The Tray is always with you, without it you cannot serve!
It is important to note that the tray is an important tool in any hospitality establishment. All trays must be clean and used correctly. Every time a guest requests something, even if it is a pen! You should always place it on a tray as part of your service etiquette.
Hold the tray or salver on the flat of your hand, unless it has handles never hold with a finger over the rim.
- Glasses always on a tray
- Serving a beer which should be opened at the table – does not require a tray
- Passing objects; cell phone, pen, reading glasses etc
- Never place wine bottles or any bottles on the tray – will fall down
- Never place the tray on your finger tips – we are not in the circus
- Always use the “scissor method” when serving from the tray