The South African Butler Academy partners with The Guild Recruitment who specializes only in Butler recruitment locally and internationally. Mr. Adriaan Coetzer owner and Head Recruiter for Guild Recruitment has several achievements in placing butlers with Royal Families, VIP clientele, Executive Business Clients, Ministers, Presidents, Hotels, Resorts, Jets, Private Yachts, Cruise Liners and Rail Butlers. His task is the greatest as he deals with our elite clientele every day!
We will soon launch another leg to our services which will include Staffing for permanent placements of Domestic Couples, Housekeepers, Housemen, Domestic’s, Nannies, Au-Pair’s, Care-givers, Companions, Caregivers and more.
About our Butlers:
Our Butlers have successfully completed The South African Butler Academy Course. The syllabus is modern, while still upholding many of the timeless and traditional values & ethos. In order to maintain modern standards the latest technology and software training is provided and updated continuously. Each Subject is presented in a Theoretical as well as a Practical manner.
The syllabus and training style is unique and therefore the satisfaction received from the subject’s covered below will be most rewarding to you as our Client.
- The Art of Butler Service
- Roles / Values / Body Language and Butlers Demeanour
- The multifaceted role of the butler, both traditional and modern Valet Butler
- Personal Assistant duties
- Interviewing skills
- Household Management and Security
- Valet skills including packing of suitcases, concierge and the world of travel
- The Dining Room and the laying of tables, The Art of Table Service, The Ballet of Service, Setting the Stage, Event Planning, Tray Service, Dining Diplomats & Important guests.
- Purchasing, storage and inventories of Wines
- Food and Beverage Service, preparing Meals and beverages
- Flowers and Table arrangements
- Cigars, their handling and storage, presentation of Cognacs and Expensive Wines
- Cleaning of silver, glass and fine artefacts
- Liaison with other household and Estate Staff
- Employer to employee relationships
- Fire and Safety guidelines, Household accounts and budgets
- Household systems and Accounting within the Household or State room
- Basic South African Employment law, setting up a Butler’s Pantry and the Butlers Office
We are proud to present Qualified, Trained Butlers between the ages of 18 – 60, both male & female, from diverse cultures, nationalities and religions.