Guild Recruitment International | Rates for 2019 / 2020
Temporary Butlers for functions, events, weddings or special occasions:
- From R150 per hour per Butler / Waiter
- From R200 per hour per Supervisor / Head Butler (compulsory for all events)
- Minimum 4 hours
- 20% Placement fee
- Extra hours quoted according to the enquiry or event
- Including transport (30 km radius from Century City)
- Additional transport rates charged at R4.00 per kilometer
- Cocktail / informal events (1 Butler / waiter per max 15 guests)
- Sit down / formal events (1 Butler / waiter per max 10 guests)
- **Cancellation policy applies
Temporary Butlers for private homes, hotels or guests:
- From R2 000 per day depending on requirements, season, duration & responsibilities
- 12 Hours per day (guest may determine the starting time)
- Extra hours quoted according to the enquiry
- 20% Placement fee
- No split shifts
- No half days
- Temporary (1-3 months)
- **Cancellation policy applies
Please note the following on month to month contracts:
- Candidates require one day off per week – any day
- Candidates require one weekend off per month – Friday / Saturday or Saturday / Sunday
- 12 Hours per day – no overtime but off time rewarded for hours after the 12-hour period
- After 3 months, the candidate is employed on a permanent basis and our fees will apply
Permanent Butlers for Private Households, Hotels, Resorts:
- Minimum R15 000 per month including accommodation and 1 meal per day for an entry level Qualified Butler
- Minimum $3 500 per month for employment outside South Africa
- 15% Placement fee of gross annual income (CTC)
Standard duties: (But not limited to)
- Oversees the household staff usually of one residence.
- Knowledge of high social etiquette and formal service.
- Knowledge of proper maintenance for fine dining equipment.
- Receives guests at the door and supervises the reception of visitors.
- May double as a House Manager.
- Assists with staff training and organizes the duties and schedule of domestic staff.
- May assist or be charged with keeping the household budgets and inventory supplies.
- May schedule and oversee household maintenance and other constructive duties.
- Assists with household and family security measures.
- Oversees family packing and travel preparations.
- Assists with planning and organizing parties and events in the home.
- Answers resident telephone calls.
- Oversees and participates in proper table settings and entertainment prep.
- Serves meals and drinks and performs wait services related thereto. Assist Chef or prepare light meals and breakfast
- Knowledgeable about wines and spirits and oversees the wine cellar and liqueur inventory.
- May also serve as personal valet to the household and/or gentleman of the house.
- Performs light housekeeping duties.
- Liaison with other staff as needed, i.e., aircraft personnel, chauffeurs, yacht personnel, and employees from other households within the family, and corporate office staff.
- Works closely with the Estate Manager or Major Domo or House Manager and Personal Assistants.
*We only make use of candidates and Butlers who successfully completed or busy with the 8 Week Butlers Course at the South African Butler Academy
**Cancellation policy: If cancelled 7 days or less before starting date, no refunds will be paid
Standard Terms and Conditions for Temporary Contracts
Guild Recruitment International (GR), in association with The South African Butler Academy (SABA), is pleased to assist you with your recruitment requirements. We specialize in the placement of our qualified SABA Butlers, Household & Estate Managers, Chef Butlers, Housekeepers / Housemen, and more. We offer full-time, part time, and seasonal contract positions in South Africa and around the world.
Guild Recruitment placements follow strict protocols and procedures. From interview questions to state-of-the-art screening techniques, we are thorough and consistent with both industry and SABA standards of discretion and distinction. We present our Clients with only the best candidates who are capable of performing the job requirements, expectations. We respect your valuable time, interests, security, privacy and money.
Our Candidates are first presented to you as a comprehensive profile, with additional information including resumes, letters of reference and clearance checks available upon request. Our goal throughout the hiring process is to provide as much support as possible. Our services are results oriented and our process is designed to ensure that the relationship, both with our Clients and the Candidates, is successful, long-lasting and consistent with our demanding standards of excellence.
Regardless of the level of service, you can expect the following:
- To speak with one of our Professional Recruitment Officers.
- Your requirements will be carefully noted to ensure that all your or your client’s needs are fully understood.
- We endeavour to create and accurate job description in order to streamline the selection process.
- The Recruitment Director will follow up to review any questions or concerns you may have.
- Suitable Candidates will be identified from our diverse database of private service professionals.
- A Candidate Profile consists of GR Resume, photograph. Personal and professional references on request.
- Once you identify candidates of interest, the Recruitment Officer will facilitate either a telephonic or Skype interview.
- Costs for in-person interviews, travel costs (out of Cape Town) and trial days are for the Clients account.
- A GR representative will offer support throughout the hiring process.
- We assist with reference and background checks. A full lifestyle audit can be done at an additional charge.
- Please note that as our Candidates undergo as many interviews for potential positions as possible, the final decision for confirming any temporary contract is entirely up to the Candidate until 50% deposit is received by GR for the total amount.
- The Recruitment Director will facilitate advice and negotiate the Terms and Conditions between the Client and the Candidate, ensuring that both parties are satisfied and in agreement with the Contract of temporary employment.
- Our door always remains open to all our candidates, during the entire employment period. We are committed to assisting Clients as well as Candidates to navigate successfully through the initial settling-in period.
Our professional recruitment fee becomes payable after we have found a suitable candidate and both you and the candidate have agreed to and accepted the temporary employment terms. This fee is applicable per candidate placed. The placement fee is calculated as follow:
- Permanent Placements: continuous employment longer than a 3-month period
Fee: equal to 15% of the annual gross salary (CTC)
- Temporary Employment: regular employment from 1 week to 3 months – time period to be specified
Fee: 20% of total earnings per day / month
A temporary placement is deemed successful and finalized once a 50% deposit has been received. Should a Client / Agent cancel a temporary employment contract in less than 14 days prior to the candidate’s start date, the placement fee will still be due to Guild Recruitment, as we have already provided a successful service to the Client / Agent.
Offers of Employment:
Please be advised that Guild Recruitment holds exclusivity over the placement of all SABA Butlers with our Clients and Agents. We deem this necessary for the protection of our Clients’ as well as the reputation of Guild Recruitment and The South African Butler Academy. All offers of employment; be they casual, temporary, permanent or temporary to permanent, must be contracted through Guild Recruitment. Should an Agent, Client or any third party linked to the agent or client approach a Candidate of ours after the initial introduction by Guild Recruitment, the Client / Agent and the Candidate are obliged to notify GR of any offer of employment made thereafter. All our Candidates have signed confidentiality as well as Code of Conduct agreements to this effect. Should GR directly or inadvertently become aware of any candidate working for any Client without the knowledge and approval of GR, the Client / Agent will be held liable for the full placement fee and will be invoiced accordingly and with payment due immediately. This mandate is valid from the first introduction between Client and Candidate (including profiles sent prior to the contract) and for a period of 12 months thereafter.
- Permanent Placements: Clients will be invoiced once an offer of employment has been made and accepted. Payment is due no later than the Candidate’s first working day, as specified on our invoice.
- Temporary Placements: Clients will be invoiced upon confirmation and finalization of the precise requirements. Payment is due by no later than the Candidate’s first working day, as specified on our invoice.
- Casual Placements: Clients will be invoiced upon confirmation of the precise requirements. Payment is due within 5 working days of being invoiced.
For clients who have contracted and in the event of a candidate’s resignation dismissal (not due to unfair labour practices, breach of contract or unreasonable working conditions) within the temporary contract period, we will find a substitute candidate who meets the same employment criteria and qualifications as initially agreed upon, at no additional cost, except for expenses i.e. transport if outside of the Cape Town CBD. This process continues until the client is completely satisfied. We do not offer any refunds on placement fees.
Should a Client terminate a Candidate’s temporary employment contract within the contracted period due to a change in the Client’s operational requirements, unfair labour practices or breach of contract with the candidate, the agency will be under no obligation to offer any replacement or refund of fees.
A replacement candidate does not have another guarantee period. Our guarantee period is for the total time stipulated, dated as per our invoice.
Since Guild Recruitment offers guarantee periods associated with the level of service contracted, we reserve the right to remove and replace the candidate within this period if all expectations and standards are not met to the clients’ and GR’s satisfaction.
Guild Recruitment does not accept any responsibility and / or liability regarding any information or misrepresentation concerning any candidate, nor shall GR be liable for any loss or damage incurred or suffered by the Client resulting from any act or omission of any Candidate, be it intentional or through negligence.