Client seeking Mandarin speaking Butler Manager in Beijing, China.
Chief Butler Job Description and Qualification:
To supervise butlers and , Maintain high quality services in the Resort
To handle and resolve complaints and problems.
The Head Butler will be required to conduct the duties in a courteous, safe and efficient manner, in accordance with the Resort policies and procedures, ensuring that a high level of service is maintained.
Front Office knowledge, F&B knowledge, Housekeeping knowledge, computer skill, PMS system, ability to handle complaints, and ability to work under pressure, ability to work efficient and effective. Have high endurance of work.
Humble, Honest, hardworking and matured mindset
Must have butler manager experience minimum 1-2 years/Have been a department head in hotels 1-2 years preferably in Front office or F&B
Language : able to read and write in English and Chinese
Education : degree in hotel or tourism management
Ability : Training individuals or groups . Budgeting knowledge
• Convey a sense of urgency that events are executed in a timely manner.
• Take initiative and act professionally to ensure tasks are completed.
• Exhibit and encourage high performance standards for themselves and others
• Able to develop and maintain excellent credibility with co-workers and subordinates by demonstrating complete consistency between words and actions, in all aspects of behaviour.
• Effectively identify & anticipate guest needs & Handle challenging situations with guests diplomatically.
• Exceeding guest expectations regarding both in quality and service.
• Positively influence co-workers to accept & execute new standard or changes immediately and effectively.
• Regularly keep manager up-to-date on relevant activities
• Maintain a high level of output and quality.
• Take action to ensure overall success of department.
• Direct supervision on the butler team.
• To maintain the quality and consistency of standard and to train the Butlers on improvement areas.
• To concentrate supervision on Butlers
• To increase guest interaction
• To assist on achieving the KPI of the department
• To ensure that all suites and rooms blocked for arrival are prepared on time prior guest arrival
• To push all Butlers to compile and record guest preferences, like and dislikes, and to track it in preference sheet
• To ensure through effective supervision that all services offered are always available, and provide alternatives
• Coordinate activities with other hotel departments in order to facilitate increased levels of communication and guest satisfaction.
• Responsible for promoting hotel and park facilities, services and product to the targeted guest group.
• To meet and welcome most of the guests personally
• To interact with guests as much as possible, to ascertain preferences, dislikes and overall experiences at the Resort.
• To regularly inspect the quality of service provided by all Butlers, and to ensure that all services are delivered according to standard.
• To share with Head Department, line managers VPs, and CEOs any complaints, guests comments and problems.
• To take appropriate action to resolve guests complaints (Housekeeping, Butlers, Front Desk , Concierge and Laundry)
• To assist Front Office Department, Housekeeping Department and Food & Beverage Department for any basic requests to give quick and respond service to the guests
• To maintain appropriate knowledge about local area, events happening in the Resort.
• To supervise butler pantries.
• To check on the VIP amenities and the stock flow.
• To monitor the Operating Equipment inventory.
• Check Butler’s grooming in accordance with hotel standard.
• Work closely with Reception and Housekeeping to ensure correct room status at all times.
• Adhere to hotel cleaning and maintenance program.
• To handle any DND room within 24 hours.
• Log security incidents and accidents in accordance with hotel policies and procedures.
• Ensure all guests are being treated in an efficient and courteous manner that all Starwood standards are being applied.
• To support the implementation of the Resort butler standards and core value .
Activities and Event Responsibilities
– Oversee all recreation programming including aquatics, waterfront, events and exhibitions.
– Ensure promotion of recreation activities throughout the Resort.
– Responsible for maintaining the recreation budget including assisting with resort activity revenues along with expenses, staffing levels and productivity.
– Accountable for tracking recreation statistics.
– Assist experience department with planning and facilitation of group related recreation duties.
– Responsible to design group recreation programs upon request.
– Keep all resort websites updated with current guides and recreation opportunities.
– Own large projects by researching, costing, planning and preparing proposals for leadership team for special events to attract more guests to the resort.
– Research and communicate community and area resources for additional recreation activities not available on resort property.
– Review industry trends for new and innovative product and service opportunities • Responsible for resort recreation communications collateral including brochures and banners
– Liaise with third party service providers to provide additional recreation facilities, services and experiences.
– Create compelling special events throughout the year to attract leisure visitors to the resort.
– Collaborate and coordinate with Resort Services team and local partners to ensure a diverse range of experiences for guests, and smooth execution of special events.
– Serve as an individual contributor and department role model by performing technical or functional job duties including recreation activities.
– Train, coach and develop a successful and enthusiastic team, engaging in performance management and positive coaching and counselling as needed.
– Develop strong relationships with the sales and operational teams to ensure program success.
– Promote rules and regulations of the department intended for the health and safety of guests.
– Follow company policy and procedures for activities including use of waivers.
RMB 20 000 PM